Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dec 23, 2013 MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hello!!! Christmas week!!!!!!! So this week I got my new companion Elder Christian from St. George, UT! Since I am training, I will be in this area until march 17th now unless I get Emergency transferred!!!! This week was pretty good! We had a Christmas Devotional and A guy came to it who works for unemployment services for the church. He covers 9 states but he came to talk to us. His name is Keith Handy, he should us pictures of his archeology digs in central Americas proving that Jesus Christ came to visit them and it was incredible!!!! My testimony sky rocketed when I saw the pictures and also he told us that when Mayans ended the calendar on December 23rd not the 21st but the 23rd it was literally an end of the world and a preparation of the second coming of Christ! We are in the days now for preparing for Christ to come again!!! It was so cool to see the Mayans belief in all of this! Oh and the 23rd of December is Joseph Smiths Birthday. Could of been just a coincidence!
Anyways this week missionary work was a little ruff. The sister missionaries came into our ward last Monday and we didn't split the ward until the following sunday so they didn't have much to work with until I split the area book and the ward left the splitting of the ward up to me since I was the longest missionary in the ward. So I got the privilege of splitting it and it sounds like it will go great!!! This week a lot of our appointments fell through so we didn't have much to do but we still kept on going and trying to work. It was really cold this week but at least Elder Christian came prepared with cold gear!!!! So that was great!!! Also we visited a lot of members to see if they needed any help this Christmas season!! The ward scheduled our Christmas Eve and day so that we would be in members homes!! Pretty cool but I still got a say of what I wanted to do since it is my first Christmas away but it sounds fun!!!
I love this season because we get to celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus Christ!!! He is amazing and you can feel his love extra this time of year!!! Remember others this season and be happy because 2013 years ago we were blessed to have the only begotten son be born!!! Remember the true meaning of Christmas! I LOVE AND MISS EVERYONE. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love, Elder Escudero 


No comments:

Post a Comment