Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dec 16, 2013

So this week has been interesting!!! So a lot of our appointments cancelled this week so we weren't ab;e to teach a lot this week so that kind of stunk!!!! But this week we were able to go and see our investigators the knowlton family!!! I told Elder Dennis that he was going to invite them to be baptized! He was a little nervous and tried to make me do it because it was one of my goals but I told him no, he needs the practice more than I do!!! So when we went over we planned to teach the Plan of Salvation. The mom and one of the daughters have the same name so the daughter wouldn't stop talking for 40 minutes straight!!!! But while she was talking she pretty much taught the plan of salvation to her self!!!! So once she paused for a second, I started talked and started teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ which includes Faith, Repentance and I focused on baptism!!! Elder Dennis saw what I was doing so he knew exactly what to do!!!! So I led Elder Dennis right into inviting the daughter and all he said is that we would like to invite you... And she said where? to be Baptized? Sure!!!! I just have to find out if this is true. We were a little in shock and her mom came out and said she would be baptized too!!! SO I set them on date for the 29th of December!!! Its a huge goal and we have a lot to teach but she needed the push!!! It was a really neat experience!!!

So nothing really big happened this week but we were mostly planning and trying to figure out how we were going to split the area for when the sisters come today!!! Its actually really hard to split a 1 mile by 2 mile area but we did it!!! So I don't really have time to email very much due to that it is transfer day and it will be crazy today!!! Elder Dennis is being transferred today and I am staying and getting another brand new missionary to train!!! I guess I did something right with training Elder Dennis... I am excited for this next couple transfers with a new missionary because I know the amazing miracles that happen in the training program and I love seeing the growth in the missionaries while in training!!! 

Well my district has now 5 people on date to be baptized and 3 weeks ago we had 0 on date... I am proud of them and all the progress that they have made to invite people to come unto Christ!!! especially during this Christmas season!!!! This week will definitely be interesting as the sister come into the ward and we will be getting a new Ward Mission Leader probably this Sunday because they rearranged all of the callings in the ward due to move outs and people being called to stake callings!!! So its sad but it will be really cool to see how the ward functions and progresses with new leadership!!!!

Anyways, I am very sad to see Elder Dennis leave but he will grow a lot in his next area!!!! I will be in this area until march 17th transfer!!! Long time but I can't wait to see what the lord has in store for me!!! Sorry this is such a short letter but I will write more next week!!! I love and miss everyone and thank you for all the birthday wishes!!!! 

Love,
Elder Escudero

No comments:

Post a Comment