Tuesday, November 12, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hello Family and Friends,
 
So this week has been different because I had to figure out where people lived and I had no clue and its great that new people are feeding us dinner this week as I have no clue where they live. Colorado has the worst street names ever!!! There is like a million nice places through out our area and a lot of neighborhoods. But I did good at only getting lost at least 5 times this week haha So I am training a new missionary these next 12 weeks and its going great so far. His name is Elder Dennis! He is really smart, he wants to be a engineer. I feel like I am learning more than he is but all is going good.
 
So this week we got our first snow fall of the year. It wasn't bad but it was 35 degrees all day. So it was really cold. But we got through it, good thing I had cold gear to put on. That just means winter is around the corner.
 
Also this week I have been trying to visit as many people as I can to introduce them to my new companion. Of course as normal we saw Steve this week and we read and talked about blessing the sacrament and he talked about how he wanted to learn how to do that. SO we are going to work with him on that!! Also we tried to visit a lot of new people that I have never met and that was good because I know them and they know us. We also saw one of our investigator families and we have like 3 lessons with them this week!!! Pretty excited for that!!! Also this week since I am training I don't go out until 11 every morning instead of 10 which is nice because we get to study longer and help my companion learn missionary work better!!!
 
So conference was this weekend and it was sooo good. I loved Elder Hollands talk about getting through depression by remembering how much our Heavenly Father loves us and also how much the Savior loves us. Also I loved the whole Sunday morning session. The talks were so good that I forgot to write some notes on the talks...
 
Well all is going good for me. I am loving my mission and the people I serve around. They are a lot of fun and missionary work is fun. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it is a lot of fun. I love sharing my testimony about the gospel with others and can't wait to see where this week takes us. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and listens to my prayers. I love this work that I am doing. I wouldn't trade this time for anything else!!!
 
I hope everyone has a good week!!! I love and miss everyone!!!
 
Love,
Elder Escudero
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment