Sunday, March 16, 2014

January 21, 2014

Hello Everyone!!!
 
To start off yesterday we played our mission President and his 2 assistants in basketball. They are going to all the mission zones and playing them. Thy are undefeated so far. It is a game to 11 and best out of 3 games. So I played the first game and we won 11-5. The second game they  took me out and we lost, and then put me back in and we lost 11-7... So we were close and they said we were the hardest zone they have played so far!!!   
 
So this week has been pretty good. Every Monday night we have been doing Family Home Evening with families in the ward and it is a lot of fun to be in members homes and interact with their families. On Wednesday we had an opportunity to go to the temple and it was awesome to finally go and get some questions answered that I needed answered! Right after that we had interviews with our mission president. That was good because I had a lot more questions to ask haha I usually have a lot of questions for him and he answered all of them for me!! Then we also that day went out with our bishop and visited some people and shared a message with them and tried to help them come back to church and see the importance of enduring to the end. Not very many people see that but when the do, that is when the true conversion comes into play!!!!
 
So also this week I had my District meeting where I totally forgot to plan and I had to do all of it which I was fine with because I like to talk haha Plus the topic was really easy to talk about. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It was a really good meeting and I think I learned more than anyone else there.
 
Also we went and saw one of our investigators the Knowlton family and she totally forgot about us coming over so we taught a little bit about prophets and apostles and she loves the concept and is curious about it. So next time we go over we will have to teach her more about it!!! I am super excited for the Knowlton family and the big commitment they are making to be baptized!!! They have been prepared and are so ready for this moment. Hopefully we can get in and teach them the lessons that we have.
 
So for me personally I have been doing great. The weather has been perfect and I have been training Elder Christian for the last 5 weeks and its been great. Lots of struggles but it has been amazing as we resolve all of the problems that we have. I am thankful for great leaders that help me be a better District Leader and try to be a better example to my District. Not saying I am horrible but to always try to be better. I love this work. I have been out for almost a year and I have loved every single moment of it. I wouldn't trade these 2 years for anything else. I love this gospel and I love my savior Jesus Christ and all that he has done for me. I am thankful for all the support I receive. I love and miss everyone.
 
Love,
Elder Escudero

No comments:

Post a Comment