Sunday, March 16, 2014

February 2, 2014

Well this last week was very good. Full of saying goodbyes to people because I had a feeling that I would be transferred this week and I did. But before I get to that. Last week was full of walking everyone because of the snow but good thing we had a small area. So we had our usual Family Home Evening with the Metties and tried to help brother Mettie to start looking towards the future and stop looking to the past. That was really good and I think it finally sunk into him. 

Also we saw Steve twice this week and talked a lot to him about his Patriarchal blessing and also read a lot from the Book of Mormon. We also started to get into members home and to share a lesson with them and get referrals from them. That worked out pretty good. I got to watch most of the game due to everyone in Colorado watched the game. AND WHAT A GAME!!! Lets go. Colorado was pretty quiet that night. Except the few Seahawks fans in Colorado lighting off fire works. But ya pretty exciting when I was in the orange territory.

So transfers... I got transferred up north to Brighton and still am a District Leader. I have 12 people in my district which is really big. Oh forgot about the most exciting part. So I get up to meet my companion and He is new to the area too. So we both have no clue what we are doing. Then we hear bad stuff about our apartment and that was true. So we got to our apartment and it was super ghetto and get inside and it was really dirty from the previous missionaries. So we spent all day yesterday cleaning and unpacking which I am really tired from!!! Then we sit down and start looking at the are book and thank goodness the left us a list of people that they visit and other stuff. But still we both have no clue what to do. SO my new companion is Elder Dana. Pronounced like Day-nah. He has been out for 3 months and from Arizona. Graduated high school the same year so thats pretty cool!!! But he knows sort of what he is doing. He and his trainer were brand new in his first area so he is used to this. Well now that yesterday is over with. Now we can start working hard and making this area the best ever in the mission. It sounds like a great ward and a lot of potential. I am still on bike and it is suppose to snow all week again!!! But all will be good.  

Thank you so much for all the support and love you all give me. I am coming up on my year mark and it is scary to think that I only have a year left... I love my mission. I have learned so many skills since I have been out I love it. I love this gospel and I know that it is true. I would not have wasted 2 years of my life to come out if I didn't know it was true. I know now with out a doubt that it is true. Due to studying and praying. My Heavenly father has answered my prayers!!! I love and miss everyone!!!

Love,
Elder Escudero

No comments:

Post a Comment