Monday, September 16, 2013

August 26, 2013

From Grandview to Cherry Creek!!!! Transfers was quick and easy. My new companion Elder Daley is great!!! We have a lot of fun while we work. The work is way different in this ward because we work with a lot of less active members versus working with members trying to get referrals. The biking is way easy. It is a small area and not very many hills which I am thankful for!!
 
So this week was mostly me getting used to the area. My companion was showing me around and taking me to see people that they normally see. My job or I guess goal is trying to get everyone's name down in 2 more weeks!!! I am doing good so far but I still have a lot of work.
 
So for the week I went on exchanges with the District leader, Elder Matheson. They have a car in their area because of a lot of hills but of course they don't have any miles so we had to bike everywhere. I got to know a lot of people from their area but it was lil confusing for me!! Because I just got used to my new area!!!! 

My new area does not have any investigators at this time but this week Elder Daley and I set some big goals to find some people to teach. Hopefully as we go out and really go hard this next week, we will find someone that is ready!!! I am really excited to see what happens. I am now closer to downtown Denver which I am excited about. Also on Saturday we had a stake fair which was way cool to talk to a lot of random people that I had no clue who they were. Also this week we were able to go to the temple. I was so excited to go. I love being in the temple because it is so peaceful and I can go and ask questions that have.
 
It is pretty hard to adjust to a new area but I think that I am getting there. The people are super nice here and hopefully I can add things that I have learned from my last area and apply them here!!! I have been having some pretty good studies lately and have been learning a lot. I have been reading more out of Jesus The Christ and I learn more about my Savior everyday. I love serving a mission and I love being in Colorado. I know I have been placed here for a specific reason and I can't wait to find out. I love and miss everyone and thank you for all the support.
 
Love,
Elder Escudero 

No comments:

Post a Comment