Monday, September 16, 2013

August 19,2013

Today is transfer day and after 6 months in one area, I am finally being transferred about 7 miles north of where i am now!!! Not very far but I am excited, it is a biking area but very small area too!!! So it will be a big change from a 13 X 6 mile area to a 1 X 2 mile area!!!! All I have to say is I hate packing when you are restricted to 2 suitcase and my back pack... Lets just say I made it all fit!!! My new companion's name is Elder Daily and I haven't met him yet, so we will see. I get on a van in a little bit to be transferred. Elder Harley in our district is also being transferred and we had to fit all of the stuff into a small Toyota Corolla so the shocks were all the way down so we were low riding until we unloaded everything at the stake center. Yesterday we pretty much just went around and said goodbye to people. Also yesterday at church Caitlyn was confirmed a member of the church. I am pretty happy i got to be a part of that before I left.
 
So of course like normal the work really started to pick up right before transfers. Caitlyn's family is now interested, so we were able to teach her mom this week and a less active just became active and brought her friend to church and she is really interested and told me that she will be baptized soon!!! But I am excited because if they get baptized I will be able to come back and see them.
 
We worked pretty hard this week where we saw quick a bit of success. We worked a lot out of the area book because I knew that a lot of these people have moved or would still be really interested. We actually were able to find a couple out of it where they could be a big possibility of taking the lessons again.
 
The weather has been pretty hot lately and hopefully will be cooling off soon. I can't wait to see what is in store with me in the cherry creek ward. I have notice a change in this week than all the other weeks because of how we were exactly obedient to every little thing that heavenly father helps us out with the rest. He will pour out the miracles as we follow the guidelines that he has given us!!! I have seen a difference in myself and I am happy about it. I will miss the Grandview Ward but I have made some life time friends there that i will never forget!! I love and miss everyone. I hope everyone has a great week.
 
Love,
Elder Escudero

No comments:

Post a Comment