Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 8th 2013

Hello Everyone!!!! Well today is transfer day for the Denver North Mission but I am not being transferred so i don't have to worry about it. That means I will have been in this ward for a quarter of my mission at the end of this next transfer which I think is great!!! I love this ward and the people in this area. They are really nice, even when they aren't interested. 
 
This week was great so our investigator Caitlyn is getting married on July 10th and I have been helping her plan it. So I can officially say that I have planned a wedding!!!! She has a baptism date for the 25th of August but we are going to try and move it up to sometime this month! Her and Corry are so great and the changes they have made in the last couple months are amazing.
 
We also had a lesson with our other investigator Tom, we taught him the Plan of Salvation and he seems like he has no desire to learn more. So all we could do is testify and give him time to read and pray because we can't force him to do anything...
 
The 4th of July was a lot of fun. The ward had a breakfast and we showed up to help set up but we ended up cooked and I cracked 10 dozen eggs!!! It was a way good breakfast and afterwards played Ultimate Frisbee and some football. Then we had to clean up and went to a barbeque then worked for the rest of the day but after dinner we had to go in. They don't want missionaries running around to firework shows. Or even be around fireworks which I understand because there would be that one missionary that gets hurt and ruins holidays in general for everyone else!! But ya we couldn't see very many fireworks from where we were at so we just went to bed. 
 
We did quite a bit of service this past week!! We moved 3 people in the ward, pulled some weeds, cleaned a boat, moved some mulch around, and cleaned out a storage unit. I have never been so tired in my life!!!!
 
Well I am excited to be here for another transfer in this ward. Elder Goldade is staying here to so no new companions yet. I am excited for this next new transfer and to see what happens!!! A lot can happen in 6 weeks. I am doing good, weather is hot but i love it. I have the best farmers tan and best watch line now, its great. I love serving a mission, it is the happiest I have ever been and I can't believe these last 5 months have flown by!!!! The new mission president, President Toombs is awesome we had a little mini meet and get to know him on Wednesday and I am excited. We got our new guidebook last night and I am excited for the new changes. Change is good, it keeps you on your toes!!! I will have 3 mission presidents on my mission. I think that's way cool to have the opportunity to do that! Well that's all I got this week!! I love my mission it has changed me for the better. Hope to hear from everyone soon!!!
 
Love,
Elder Escudero 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment