Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 24, 2013

OH MAN has this week been crazy!!!
 
So on Wednesday we had a specialized training which focused a lot on family history. I am really excited about that because I have been doing a lot of family history as much as I can!!! We also got to meet our new mission president. President Toombs and his wife are really cool. I am excited to be a part of their mission. Also our current mission president got to say good bye to us and we all got a CCSM pin (Colorado Colorado Springs Mission). Usually missionaries who go home get the pin but since we are leaving to a different mission we got one. We were told that we could only wear them until July 1st then we have to take them off!!! Sister Toombs said she would get one of those cub scout mother necklace to put the pins on them. She is GREAT!! President Toombs put it so well for the transferring of missions. He said when we received our call it said that we have been called to be a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. You are assigned to Colorado Colorado Springs mission. Then he continued to say our calling has not changed. We are just being reassigned!! I loved that! I am excited about being in the Denver North Mission. It probably is the smallest mission. It only is a hour drive from the top to the bottom!!!
 
Well this week we finished all of the discussion lesson with our investigator Caitlyn. She is progressing so much and all she needs to do is to get married to her boyfriend. They came to church and she loves it. So now its just a waiting game!!!
 
We have a new investigator Tom. He seems like he has little desire to find out for himself if this is true but by the end of the lesson and thanks to our awesome fellowship, he is curious now!!!!
 
Also this week we had a lesson with a our couple that we have been working with for a few months now. Dan's wife Anna was finally back in town and we were able to teach her. Sad part is that they are moving to Castle Rock on Thursday and they won't be here anymore... Also the other sad part is that I might not be able to attend their baptism because that will be a different mission than ours as of July 1st. So we will see if the mission president will allow me to leave the mission for that. I already asked him and he said that we will talk when it gets closer to the day.
 
On Saturday the Elders quorum had their annual rocket pine wood derby car race and Elder Goldade made a car and Elder Keliikoa and Harley made one too. So it was single elimination and we got 2nd place!!!! It was way fun. After that we helped a family move into our ward and only us 4 elders showed up and even better it was a second floor move!!!! It was hot too!!
 
Okay a little funny side note I fell off my bike. Here is what happened. So we were leaving our dinner and I got on my bike and started riding. I felt the phone ringing so I went to pull it out of my pocket and the curb was right in front of me. i didn't have enough time to grad the handle bars when the front tire turned and I flew over the bike! Thank goodness for a helmet because it cushioned the fall to the road and the bike falling on top of me. I was fine, I laughed about it when I got up. Hope that made some people laugh.
 
Well I love this work and wouldn't trade it for anything. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I get to be a representative of him everyday. There are now over 70,000 missionaries around the world and it is exciting. I am one of those. I love my savior Jesus Christ and all that he has done for me. I love the Book of Mormon and how it brings people closer to Christ. I love all the support everyone gives me. Love and miss everyone!!
 
Love,
Elder Escudero





No comments:

Post a Comment